Saturday, November 21, 2009

Never too late.

When I went to visit mom on Wednesday she was sitting on the couch. Suddenly she became animated and said, "Oh, I have something to show you." She began wadding up her lap blanket. I was a little skeptical, thinking, okay, mom is having a senior senior moment.
Then, she tucked the blanket between her legs and started squeezing her legs together, and said, "Okay, you squeeze and hold, 1, 2, 3 and one. 1, 2, 3, and two. 1, 2, 3, and four. That's a bladder exercise. You might as well get started now."
Okay, mom, I think I will. Thanks for the tip.
Then she showed me an exercise to help her bone spur, which I discovered is the result of wrong walking. The occupational therapist is getting her to pick her feet up off the floor, and encouraging her to exercise to strengthen her muscles!
It's never too late.

No comments: